Solo Contest – Saturday, February 9th
Arrive at the high school band hall prior to performance time to warm up. (Map below)
Dress in presentable clothes for judges (band shirt and jeans ok)
This event is for HMS, FMS, and TVMS
Parents are allowed and encouraged to watch performances
Bring instrument, music, and reeds/mouthpieces
(Tuba’s will be provided)
Students may leave once their individual performance about is complete. Students will go in no particular order but all should be done before 10:15 AM.
Arrive at 8:30 AM
Performances will begin at 9:00 AM
Completed before approximately 10:15 AM
The spring fundraiser kicked off on Monday Jan 14th. Students sell coupon cards that are $20 a piece. The money from the fundraiser goes towards the student’s individual account and the general band fund. Each card sold is $5 off of any band fees owed for the year. We accept checks made out to HMS and cash for this event.
We will be PRE ORDERING cards. Order forms and money is due Thursday, January 24th and cards will be give to the students to deliver that day.
Sorry, there will be no live stream for tonight’s concert.
This year's concert will be on December 11th at 6:00 PM. Please see the details below:
Where? HMS Gym
When? The Concert Begins with the Beginning Band at 6 PM, followed by the Concert Band, and then the Symphonic Band
Parents and students are invited to stay for the other performances after their child is done
Arrival - Students should arrive before this time
Beginning Band Call Time - 5:45 PM
Concert Band Call Time - 6:00 PM
Symphonic Band Call Time - 6:15 PM
What to wear? Students should wear holiday festive clothes. We ask they dress nice for the occasion
Friday, September 28th
· Students wear the band shirt. (To be distributed on Thursday)
· Students leave class early to practice and are bused to the High School.
THEY DO NOT GO HOME BETWEEN SCHOOL AND THE GAME.
· No money is needed for this event. Food, water, and admissions are provided.
Pre-game Performance:The game starts at 7:00 so the performance will be between 6:30 and 7:00 PM. Parents will need to buy a ticket to the game. Participating students do not.
1st half performance in stands:Students will experience what is like to perform in the stands with the FMS, TVMS, and FHS bands.
Half time performance: Students are going to watch the High School band’s half time performance
Parent Pick-up:Parents will pick-up their child at the beginning of the 3rd quarter at the NORTH end of the stadium by the concession stands and the water tower. Students are not going to be released until we see a parent. This will be at approximately 9:15. This is a live game and we do not know the exact time when pickup will be. We will send a remind text message with more details of when the students will be done.
HMS Band Family,
We are very excited to have you as a part of the HMS Tiger Band!
Throughout the year, we have many details to get out to you and we strive to communicate through as many means as we can. We typically send everything out through email, text, and post it to our website, hmsband.org.
Please make sure you add us to your safe-sender list so there are not any issues receiving our emails in the future.
- No instruments on the first day of school
- Payment information for Band will go out the third week of school
- 7th and 8th grade students, the trip this year is to DALLAS, not the typo in the calendar
- Click the appropriate link to add yourself to our remind text groups
We look forward to the year and please let us know if you have any questions.
Frenship Heritage Middle School
There is a mandatory parent meeting for students who are attending this year's band trip. The meeting will be on Wednesday, April 4th at 6:00 PM in the Heritage Middle School Band Hall.
- Students do not need to attend the meeting. They will get the info in class.
- Physical presence will not be required, a live stream of the event will be held. Go to hmsband.org for the live stream. A recording will also be available for those who have conflicts.
- If you would prefer to be at the meeting in person, please join us at the band hall.
- Watching the presentation is mandatory and a form will be available after the presentation indicating you have viewed the info.
Family Invitations to the Rodeo
If you have family in the San Antonio metropolitan area that would enjoy coming to watch the band perform and going to the rodeo, an invitation will be sent out to them through mail and email. Please fill out the form in the link below by March 30th.
Solo Contest – Saturday, February 10th
- Arrive at the high school band hall prior to performance time to warm up. (Map on the back of this page)
- Dress in presentable clothes for judges (band shirt and jeans ok)
- This event is for HMS, FMS, and TVMS
- Parents are allowed and encouraged to watch performances
- Bring instrument, music, and reeds/mouthpieces (Tuba’s will be provided)
- Students may leave once their individual performance is complete. Students will go in no particular order but all should be done before 11:15 AM.