Solo Contest – Saturday, February 10th
- Arrive at the high school band hall prior to performance time to warm up. (Map on the back of this page)
- Dress in presentable clothes for judges (band shirt and jeans ok)
- This event is for HMS, FMS, and TVMS
- Parents are allowed and encouraged to watch performances
- Bring instrument, music, and reeds/mouthpieces (Tuba’s will be provided)
- Students may leave once their individual performance is complete. Students will go in no particular order but all should be done before 11:15 AM.
Arrive at 9:30 AM
Performances will begin at 10:00 AM
Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Theme from Symphony No. 1
Minuet in G
Polka - HMS
Wooden Shoe Dance
Serenade from Don Giovanni
The Uniform will need to be purchased before February 19th. This is for Symphonic and Gold Band Members only and is NEW this year.
(Our new uniform for this year will save the band over $2,000 in uniform fitting and cleaning costs!)
Monday 4-5 PM Symphonic Band Percussion
Tuesday 4-5 PM Symphonic Band Woodwinds/Brass
Wednesday 4-5 PM Gold Band Percussion
Thursday 4-5 PM Gold Band Woodwinds/Brass
I made the decision today to cancel tomorrow's concert at HMS. Your students are doing fantastic in class but they are not ready yet for this big step.
Our first band concert will be on Tuesday, December 19th.
Director of Bands
FISD Middle School Band Night
Friday, October 20th
· Students wear grey 2017-18 band shirt to school
· Students leave class early to practice and are bused to the High School.
THEY DO NOT GO HOME BETWEEN SCHOOL AND THE GAME
· No money is needed for this event. Food, water, and admissions are provided
Pre-game Performance: The game starts at 7:30 so the performance will be between 7:00 and 7:30 PM. Parents will need to buy a ticket to the game. Participating students do not.
1st half performance in stands: Students will experience what is like to perform in the stands with the FMS, TVMS, and FHS bands.
Half time performance: Students are going to watch the High School band’s half time performance
Parent Pick-up: Parents will pick-up their child at the beginning of the 3rd quarter at the NORTH end of the stadium by the concession stands and the water tower. Students are not going to be released until we see a parent. This will be at approximately 9:45. This is a live game and we do not know the exact time when pickup will be. We will send a remind text message with more details of when the students will be done.
The message applied to all students in Gold or Symphonic Advanced Bands (3rd or 4th period)
The Road to Region Band
Mock Region auditions – Wednesday, October 18th
· Students will get out of school early and go to FMS to participate in the district Mock All-Region Band Auditions with all three FISD middle schools.
· The purpose is to prepare in a real audition setting with other students.
· This is a required event
· Auditions end when each section has completed all of their auditions, no later than 5:30.
· Parent pickup is at FRENSHIP MIDDLE SCHOOL at 5:30 (or earlier if they are done).
All Region Auditions – November 2nd or 4th
- The students have been working hard for 2 months on this music, this is the big audition! Over 900 students will be at HMS from Lubbock ISD, Frenship ISD, Plainview ISD, and Lubbock Cooper ISD.
- More details will be coming soon about details
- Thursday Nov 2nd – Saxes, Tuba, Euphonium, Oboe, Bassoon, Bass Clarinet
- 3:45-9:00 PM (Or earlier if finished)
- Saturday Nov 4th – Flutes, Clarinets, Trumpets, French Horns, Trombones, Percussion
- 8:30AM-3:00 PM (Most finish earlier)
The winners of these auditions will practice and perform at the All Region Clinic and Concert held on November 13th and 14th
We have worked out any conflicts with athletics on campus. We will speak with students individually concerning those conflicts.
Students may stay after school between the end of school and their 4:30 afternoon start elective but are required to stay in the band area and do homework or practice. They may NOT walk around the building.
Saxophones Thursdays 4:30-5:00 PM
Bassoon Tuesdays 4:00-4:30 PM
Clarinets Tuesdays 7:30-8:00 AM
Euphoniums Thursdays 4:30-5:00 PM
Flutes Mondays 4:00-4:30 PM
French Horns Wednesdays 4:30-5:00 PM
Oboes Tuesdays 4:00-4:30 PM
Percussion Mondays 4:30-5:00 PM
Trombones Tuesdays 4:00-4:30 PM
Trumpets – Gold Band Tuesdays 4:00-4:30 PM
Trumpets – Symphonic Band Tuesdays 4:30-5:00 PM
Tubas Tuesdays 4:00-4:30 PM